We’ve partnered with the leader in water mist fire suppression systems to provide you the most effective way to protect your people, equipment and your business.
Be proactive. Avoid equipment loss.
“Saved me upwards of seventy percent on my insurance.”
David Greer, Owner
DG&E Logging Corporation
“Hi. My name is David Greer, owner of DG&E Logging Corporation here in Jonesboro, Louisiana. I switched my insurance to American Loggers Insurance. They came down to me and installed fire suppression systems on my machines, and saved me upwards of seventy percent on my insurance. Their machines are covered day and night with the systems here. They are very well easy to maintain and gives me good security even when I’m laying in bed sleeping at night…that my machines will be covered if anything goes wrong.”
“I had one installed on a feller buncher this winter, and now we’re doing four other machines.”
Shelby Morris, Owner
Morris Logging, Inc
Fort Kent, ME
“Good afternoon. My name is Sherby Morris of Morris Logging Inc. from Fort Kent, Maine, and I am here this afternoon with American Loggers Fire Suppression Systems. They’re here to install a water mist systems on our forestry equipment. I had one installed on a feller buncher this winter, and now we’re doing four other machines.
I became involved with them earlier this winter on the fire suppression side, and got in contact with them through Varney’s Insurance. They’ve been very good for us for logging, as far as insurance goes. We’re a full service logging contractor. We do chipping, tree length harvesting, road building, and trucking. I’ve been in business for thirty-seven years, and we have, approximately, twelve full time employees and about eight subcontractors under us. We appreciate everything that the Varney Insurance company has done for us, and we hope to continue to do business with them in the future.”
Easy to use, install and environmentally friendly
- Product contains saline water and 3% AFFF Foam (Biodegradable non-toxic)
- Easy clean-up
- Safe, non-toxic to occupants (no Halon or other dangerous gases)
- Quick and easy to install at any angle in any position
- Automatic discharge with additional manual activation
Installing a Fogmaker fire suppression system from American Loggers Fire Suppression can not only save you money in lost equipment and downtime but also help to lower your overall insurance premiums.
How Does It Work?
Water mist systems from Fogmaker attack all three elements of fire: oxygen, heat and fuel. The process of wetting and cooling prevents reflash and minimizes damage.
The Fogmaker system is easy to install and quickly detects and suppresses fires by way of thermoplastic tubing, which melts and activates the distribution system. A mist of micro water droplets is then spread within the protected area.
Attacking all three components of the fire triangle
- Heat: The water mist cools burnt gases and hot parts in the engine compartment and is 540 times more effective than water. This suppresses the fire quickly and reduces the risk of reignition.
- Oxygen: Water evaporates quickly upon contact with heat and increases the water content of the air. Coupled with an AFFF foam agent, new sources of oxygen are prevented from reaching the fire.
- Fuel: The water mist also includes an addition of foam that blankets the fuel on flammable oil products to prevent restarts.
Which is the better choice: water mist vs. powder systems
- The American Loggers Fire Suppression equipment costs 60 percent less than a powder system
- Water mist does less damage to your equipment than powder
- Water mist systems are easier to install on skidders and other logging equipment
- There’s no power involved with water mist systems-powder systems require electricity & batteries often must be replaced